Primary 2b

Wow! What another amazing week full of excellent learning!

We have started our new topic which is all about Mr Potato Head and his senses. So far we have learned that Mr Potato Head has five senses – just like us! We have investigated how our eyes work and can even name some of the parts of our eye. We now understand that our eyes sent signals to our brains so that we can see and completed lots of experiments to test our eyes more! Our favourites were Spot the Difference and the Observation trays.

In maths we have been learning about ordering numbers and have had fun completing lots of activities to put numbers in order. We revised our learning about numbers that come before and after a number with the help of a number line but found this a little bit tricky. We also learned about 2D shapes and have been on a shape train around the classroom to look for Tommy Triangle, Cynthia Circle, Harriet Hexagon, Peter Pentagon and Robbie Rectangle. We discovered that there are lots of shapes hidden in our class and are on the hunt to find more 2D shapes at home and in the playground!

We also want to say a huge well done to this week’s ‘Star of the Week’, Liam! Liam has been working very hard and is always willing to help others with their learning. Fantastic work Liam…I wonder who next week’s ‘Star of the Week’ will be!

Primary 2b

(A note from Mrs Mansfield – Can I just remind parents/guardians to please put names of all of your child’s clothing, including PE clothes. I have a few items which the children have misplaced throughout the week, if your child is missing anything please check in lost property or with me! Thank you for your support, I look forward to meeting you next Wednesday evening at Meet the Teacher.)

One thought on “Primary 2b”

1. Well done P2b! You’re off to a fantastic start. Keep up the enthusiasm and remember, believe in yourself and give your best. Mrs Hay x