Our week in p7b

Our learning…

Emily: We learned this week about Propaganda. Propaganda was used in World War 2 to try and convince people to do something or think a certain way.

Kai: When we learned about Propaganda and learned that some of the posters were made by the Allies for the Allies and some were for the Axis. We made posters to show we understood how it worked.

Kieran: I enjoyed drama this week because we were practising our lines. We were focusing on act 2.

Isla: We’ve been practising our multiplication skills this week and we did an accuracy challenge. We do an accuracy challenge to help us learn the skill of double-checking our work for errors. I got fully accurate and felt happy.

Lauren U: We also learned about D-Day this week and for our writing this week we pretended we were soldiers who had survived D-Day and we wrote letters back home to a loved one called Rose.

Paul: D-Day was 6th June 1944 and it was when loads of soldiers were killed on the beaches of France because they were trying to push the Germans back to Germany. Thousands were killed but the mission was a success and it led to the end of the war.

Taylor: This week we started our new version of Big Maths Beat That which has 80 sums which are all times tables. It’s harder but is helping me learn my times tables.

Jack: In P.E. team 4 came first in the castles tournament and they scored 53 points.

Chloe: In p1 buddy time we helped our buddies learn how to play games and take turns.

Who has impressed?

Chloe: I’m impressed with the Wardens table for winning table of the week.

Kendal: I am proud of the p7 netball team because we came second in the tournament.

Emily: I’m impressed by Mr Berginis because he has a good German accent when we read the Boy In Striped Pyjamas novel.

Lauren U: Kieran has impressed me because he did well on his first go of our new Big Maths Beat That.

Paul: I’m impressed by Declan because he has nearly finished all of his WW2 project.

Kieran: I’m impressed by Lauren Ure because she is doing well at Big Maths Beat That.

Flyn: I’m impressed with Antonia for getting Pupil of the Week for being a great help to her p1 buddy.

Harry: I’m proud of Paul for scoring well in Big Maths Beat That.

Taylor: Lauren Kirk has impressed me because she beat the class highest score for Big Maths Beat That.

Mr Berginis: I was impressed with the D-Day letters we wrote this week and was very proud of how caring we all were towards our p1 buddies.