P5d

Maths

We have been looking back at what we have learned about how to measure things. We used different no-standard units of measure some of the things around the classroom. We used pencils, rulers, people and our hands to measure things.

LATC/Writing

We have been learning about the death of the Sheriff of Lanark this week. We used the story as a basis for writing a cartoon strip. We had to decide which part of the story to draw in each of the six frames. Then we learned about the difference between caption boxes and speech bubbles. Next we discussed with a partner which would be best to add into each of the frames. We now have a nice wall display in class showing our work!

HWB

In P.E. we have been learning about teambuilding through a variety of games and activities.

6 thoughts on “P5d”

1. The measuring activities were good fun. I was really sad to miss science this week because science is one of my favourite subjects so far in P5.

2. Hi Primary 5d,

The measuring activities look like good fun. Your cartoon writing strips sound great. Ill pop in and have a look at them when I’m passing your classroom.

Miss Henderson

1. I’m delighted to hear you practised your tables at home ….I wonder if you used the rhyme to help you? There will be more science on Tuesday as well so I hope you are looking forward to another fun filled week at school!