A week in p7b with the Yanomami

Our learning –

Isla – I enjoyed writing the story of My Day With Yarima. I had to pretend I had spent a day in the Yanomami tribe with her and had woken up the next day and written about it. I don’t know why I enjoyed it but I really did!

Rabeea – I enjoyed learning how to simplify fractions because it helped us if we had a really big fraction and it made it smaller and simpler to use.

Christopher A – I really enjoyed the p3h assembly as it was my care class and I know they have been working really hard on it and I’ve seen them rehearsing and helped them learn the songs. It was really inspirational how all the class came together and worked as a team to get it done.

Jane – I enjoyed my sports elective which was Musical Theatre. We were dancing to Greased Lightning and it was fun to learn. In the future we will be performing a show…

Sam – I enjoyed my sports elective which was badminton. We began by playing a couple of games gainst each other then we did a warm up and at the end we did a challenge called King of the Court. The winners were Tom and Ewan (p6).

Luke – I enjoyed doing the sports elective. I also did badminton. I enjoyed it even though it wasn’t the one we were supposed to do this week.

Zenaib – I liked doing Keeping Myself Safe because I learned that if a situation like that ever happened in the future I would know what to do. For example, Share It means if something bad happens you must share it with someone you trust like a teacher, parent or Childline.

Who has impressed?

Christopher A – I think p3h impressed me because as I said above they worked as a team and came together to make a wonderful assembly.

Jane – Alexander got pupil of the week and this impressed me because he helped another person in the class with her fraction work and he worked hard to understand his own fraction work.

Taylor – Everybody at Musical Theatre impressed me because we did Greased Lightning and everybody enjoyed it and worked hard to learn the dance.

Fraser – Sam impressed me by coming second in the King of the Court challenge at badminton.

Rabeea – My table impressed me by winning table of the week.

Sam – Fraser impressed me by coming second in King of the Court because he was up against some really good players.

Sophie M – Declan S impressed me at football elective by being a great goalkeeper and making some superb saves.

Mr Berginis – I was impressed by everybody on the football elective because they worked hard, followed instructions and we had lots of fun.