P2e

This week we have been working very hard in language. In our reading we have been using the book Zog. We were discussing the meaning of different words. We were looking for words in the text that we could change and thinking of words that mean the same thing. For example: “What a great idea” said Zog – We had ideas to change ‘great’ to super, wonderful, fantastic, fabulous and many more! Also, we have been learning about verbs this week and listened to the verb rap. We now know that a verb is an ‘action word’. In our writing we were finishing our dragon stories. We are getting very good at writing stories with a beginning, middle and end.

In our castles topic we have been learning about the people who lived in castles and the types of jobs they had. We know that there were servants, cooks and knights in a castle. Also there is a gong farmer and nonbody would like to have his job. He cleaned out the toilets!

We also know that a knight needs to a crest to let other people know who he is. We found out what different colours and symbols mean on the crests and designed our own.

We have been working hard on our class weekly targets over the last 4 weeks and today we received our class prize. We got two greens and two ambers on our targets overall so we got to have 15 minutes extra golden time today! Next time we hope to get all greens and get the bigger prize!

We are still practising our Skellybones and are looking forward ot the performance. Remember to return your slips. Also, the letters for our trip to Stirling Castle went out this week and we are all excited about learning more about castle life during an interactive handling session. Please remember to return the slips as soon as possible.

Awards:

Class Dojo and Table of the Week  – We will find out on Monday.

MVP – Evie

Drama – Holly

Poster Competiton – Mya

Well done to everyone who entered the competition.

See you next week.

4 thoughts on “P2e”

1. Hi Primary 2e,

What a busy week you have had and I’m very impressed with how well your story writing is coming on and how hard you have all been working on this. Your work on castles sounds very interesting and your trip to Stirling Castle will really help you to understand and learn more about castles. Congratulations on getting two greens and two ambers and earning 15 minutes extra Golden Time. Congratulations too on all of the other achievements.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

Miss Henderson

2. I am excited about making my castle and have been thinking about how I want it to look! I was really happy to get MVP x

3. When i found out i was the winner of the poster competition i was surprised. I thought that someone else was going to win it and i really really liked it when we finished our shields to show who we were.