Two weeks in our p7b rainforest

What have we been learning?

Fraser – I have enjoyed our rainforest topic, learning about the four different layers which are the emergent, canopy, understory and forest floor.

Rabeea – Last week I enjoyed doing drama with Mrs Innes because we were learning about slapstick. We had to form groups and we have to perform a scene and my group is Zenaib, Mrs Innes, Sophie L and myself.

Callum – I enjoyed doing the literature circle because I am enjoying reading Lord Loss by Darren Shan. It is very gory and a bit violent at times.

Jane – I’ve enjoyed literature circles also as I have really enjoyed the book so far. It has caught my attention but is also a bit confusing. My book is Lord Loss by Darren Shan too.

Alexander – I have also enjoyed literature circles. My book is called Uncle Montague’s Tales of Terror. It is good but quite disturbing because it has creepy things like living dolls and evil bench ends.

Taylor – Last week I enjoyed art as we were creating leaves. We recreated leaves we had taken photos of at the Botanic Gardens. We’re using them to decorate our classroom.

Sam – I enjoyed doing our Creatures of The River task. We had to research and create a profile on an animal which lives in the Amazon river. I worked with Fraser and we learned about the electric eel and that it can generate up to 600 volts!

Sophie M – I enjoyed the river research task too. My animal was the bull shark and one of the facts was that they can live for 16 years and they are the most dangerous sharks in the world! My partner was Taylor.

Christopher A – I enjoyed the research activity and Tom and I researched the Caiman crocodile. We learned that the female can lay up to 40 eggs at a time.

Louise – On the Amazon Challenge, I managed to complete one of the River Rewards and it was to score over 70 on the Twinoo app. Twinoo tests your mental maths and your colour blending both at the same time!

Who has impressed?

Rabeea – Louise has impressed by getting 71 on Twinoo!

Fraser – Sam has impressed me by doing some really good research on the electric eel. He was an excellent partner.

Dean – Josh has impressed me by drawing a brilliant yellow headed tortoise. He had lots of detail in it.

Luke – Christopher S has impressed me by drawing our dwarf cichlids during our research task. They had lots of detail and were exactly like the ones in the picture.

Declan – Callum has impressed me by doing his research on piranhas and drawing a detailed picture of a red bellied piranha.

Christopher A – I’m impressed with my table this week because even though we didn’t win we kept on going and tried our best. We didn’t give up on each other.

Rebecca – The Anacondas table impressed me by getting table of the week. They have been kind to each other this week.

Mr Berginis – I’m impressed with how realistic our classroom rainforest feels and the quality of work we have up on display already. Well done everybody!