Scots writing

In drama we have been performing plays in Scots.  One of the plays we worked on was Th Thee Wee Grumphies (The Three Little Pigs).  In writing we had a go at writing the story of the the three pigs in Scots!

Th’ thee wee grumphies.

Lang lang ago in the days o lang syne, there were three wee pigs.  The three wee grumphies had such braw faces.  Johnyny the Dowper was a funny pig.  Slaverie Sam was a daft pig.  Alan was a smart pig.  There was also a muckle bad wolf.  The grumphies were blethering in the ferm, they decided to leave the ferm to live their lives.

Johnny the Dowper saw a mannie wi a cairtie it was awfy full.  He said “Hey mannie wi a cairtie, can I get a daud o straw?”

The mannie said “Aye!”

Johnny the Dowper bigged his hoose in 5 hours.  Oh no the wolf came!  He said “Little grumphie, let me in.”

Johhny the Dowper said “I’m no daft!”

The wolf heched and peched and bloo the hoose doon and ate Johnny up in one gulp.

Slaverie Sam saw a mannine wi a cairtie.

He said “Hey mannie wi a cairtie, can I get a daud o widd?”

The mannie said “Aye!”  Slaverie Sam bigged his hoose in 6 hours.  The muckle bad wolf came and he said “Little grumphie, can I come ben?.”

Slaverie Sam said “I’m no daft!”

The wolf heched and peched and bloo the hoose doon and ate Sam up.

Alan saw a mannie wi a cairtie of stanes.  “Hey mannie wi a cairtie, can I get a daud o stanes?”

The mannie said “Aye!”  Alan bigged his hoose.  The wolf came!  He said “Little grumphie, can I come in?”

Alan said “I’m no daft!”

The wolf heched and peched but he couldn’t bloo the hoose doon.  The muckle bad wolf climbed up the hoose and went doon the lum.  But the wee grumphie had put a muckle pot under the lum and the fell into it.  The wee grumphie ate the wolf for his dinner!

By Archie

Miss Holwill was very impressed by the Scots we knew!  Well done to everyone 🙂

6 thoughts on “Scots writing”

1. Hi Primary 3h,

WOW! I am very impressed with your writing in Scots, Archie. Thank you to everyone who has come from your class to share your learning with me. I am so pleased to see all of your good work and am looking forward to seeing more of you with your work this term.

Miss Henderson