Learning is Fun! p4g

Last weeks highlights were:

• Starting a personal writing booklet. So far we have done a fact file and a family tree. It will be available to see on parents night.
  • Testing our sense of taste. We had to guess the flavour of crisps with and without holding our nose to see if that made a difference. It did!!! Your sense of smell is also used as your sense of taste when you are eating.
  • Learning about place value in maths. We did 1000(t),100(h),10(t),1(u) it was really fun!
  • We had a trip to the church and learned lots of facts. Mr McDonald gave us a guided tour and played the loud organ for us. We learned about the pulpit, lectern, font and the communion table. We also sang a few hymns. Thanks Mr McDonald!
The Pulpit
  • Enjoying a very fun PE lesson including buildy tig ,hoop ball and cross the channel
  • Olivia winning the Burns poetry competition. Well done!
  • Madeleine sharing some highland dancing with us. She put on her dancing outfit and showed us her best moves, it was fun to watch!
  • Learning about Scotland and doing Scottish activities with Miss Bollen and her Primary 1 class. We learned m any Scottish words for clothes or should we say claes and enjoyed playing a waashin machin game where we had to load the waashin machin and burl roon and roon! Also we worked well together helping the Primary ones learn a traditional Scottish dance called the Gay Gordons. We like to learn more dances.

This week’s Special Person is Cameron B because:

• He is the bestest friend in the world
  • He has a big cheesy smile
  • He is funny
  • He is a very fast runner
  • He is caring and thoughtful
  • He is excellent at maths
  • He is friendly to other people
  • He is helpful to everyone
  • He is epic
  • He is great at drawing
  • He is good to play with because he invents good games
  • He is a cheeky monkey (Cameron agrees!)
  • He is very kind and smart
  • He always cheers sad people up
  • He sticks up for his friends
  • He always remembers his manners
  • He always has good ideas and never runs out of them!

Hope your week was as good a ours!

Sarah and Ella

5 thoughts on “Learning is Fun! p4g”

1. I love starting on our personal booklets and Cameron b chooses for his tidy up song “final count down ” it is a good song! And I like miss goff as our teacher wish we got her in p5 but I don’t think we will!

Roan Harris Laing….

2. I love starting on our personal booklets and Cameron b chooses for his tidy up song “final count down ” it is a good song! And I like miss goff as our teacher wish we got her in p5 but I don’t think we will!

Roan Harris Laing….

3. Hi Primary 4g,

It continues to be a real pleasure to read your blog post every week as you are always so enthusiastic about all of the learning taking place in your class. Well done on being good role models to the P1b’s and sharing your learning with them and letting them share their learning with you. Congratulations to everyone on their achievements. Cameron will be very happy to read all of the lovely things you have said about him. Keep up the good work.

Miss Henderson

p.s. I’m looking out something from my home to add to your map of Scotland and will bring it in soon:)

4. Hello to 4g,

It always seems to be a busy week in 4g with lots of learning crammed in!
    I was very impressed with the writing I saw this week. I enjoyed reading the persuasive pieces describing your houses. You had chosen effective words to convince the reader to buy your home.

Enjoy your weekend everyone,
    Mrs Spence

5. Roan, you have made a great start to your personal writing booklet, I’m looking forward to seeing the final product! Thank you for your kind words Roan and for always commenting on our blog!

Miss Goff