It’s p7b’s week isn’t it?

Our week:

Alistair: “We learned about how to use apostrophes in grammar. You use them when you are squishing two words together like must have into one word like must’ve. You also use them when it is someone’s property like mum’s shop or dad’s farm. You never use them for plurals like carrots or dogs. We played apostrophe pairs to help us learn the rules.” 

Sophie M: “I enjoyed writing the thank you letters to the fallen soldiers this week. It felt like you were actually talking to them and it was enjoyable because I liked sharing what I had learned with them and I was able to tell them I remember them.”

Rabeea: “This week I enjoyed doing our new times table Big Maths Beat That. I enjoyed it because I like doing my times tables. I scored 65 out of 80.”

Christopher A: “I enjoyed drama this week because we did a full run through of all our songs and it meant that when we come back to it we can do the whole thing because we’ve done it before.”

Dean: “We learned about the end of WW2. I found it quite sad that the Americans dropped the nuclear bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and that so many people died and that America resorted to that.”

Isla: “I also found the nuclear bombs in Japan really scary. When the bombs hit people died instantly and were turned to ash. I don’t think they should have done it because America should have thought about how they would have felt if Japan dropped a bomb on them.”

Eve: “We made Christmas tree decorations out of salt dough cookies but they aren’t edible! We painted them with acrylic paint and there are stockings, snowmen, stars and trees. You can buy them at our stall at the Christmas fayre tomorrow and they are 50p each.”

Who has impressed?

Sam: “Rabeea impressed me by getting pupil of the week and being the first person in our class to get onto step 5.”

Sophie M: “Emma has impressed me by doing well with her work.”

Eve: “The whole class has impressed me by getting their best ever score on the new Big Maths Beat That (because it was their first ever score!) Everyone has also been doing really well with Cinderella Rockerfella.”

Dean: “Callum, Christopher, Amber and Alistair all impressed me by reaching step 4.”

Jane: “I’m proud of Sam this week because he was really good at being the teacher in Literature Circles because he was firm but fair and telling us what to do.”

Zenaib: “I’m impressed by Sophie M because she is always a really good friend to everybody.”

Christopher A: “Jane has impressed me this week because for the past two weeks she has done the door monitoring and taken her responsibility seriously.”

Mr Berginis: “I’m proud of the letters everybody wrote this week to the fallen soldiers. You showed how much you have all learned and you expressed how grateful you are for the sacrifices they made.”

One thought on “It’s p7b’s week isn’t it?”

1. I’d really like to read some of your letters that you will take to Belgium with you later in the session. Perhaps Mr B could send a few of the class along to share these with me?
    Congratulations to those who have made it to the next Step – especially Rabeea for being first in the class to reach Step 5!