P5m Animate It!

This week we participated in an animation workshop. We made use of the ‘Animate It!’ app on our iPads and, working in trios, produced animations on our own chosen themes. During our workshop we shared tips and ideas with others, offered help and advice and explored many of the creative possibilities of the app. We all learned so much – especially Mrs Mackenzie!
We then felt ready to take on our next animation challenge! This term we have been writing Loch Ness Adventures. Ten of our adventures have been selected to be made into animations. The ten authors have chosen their animation design team and have been busy planning…
Next week backgrounds, characters, props and text boards will be created, the animations will be filmed and the first screening presented on Tuesday. We can’t wait!

From the Blog Post Box:
This week I was impressed with…

…Mairi for doing well with her number 8. Emma C
…me, Abigale and Mirren because we made a really good animation. Megan
…Cameron because he was a really good basketball keeper. Emma B
…Emma B for getting onto Step 5. Erin M
…Lily, Erin and Taylor’s animation. All the animations were good but I thought theirs was the best. Abby
…Aaron’s dribbling skills. Erin H

5 thoughts on “P5m Animate It!”

1. Your animation work sounds very interesting, we will need to have a look at that app in the house too! You never know, maybe one day one of you will make a famous film! Well done!

2. This sounds super exciting P5m and you will be developing lots and lots of your Literacy skills too! I’m really looking forward to seeing and talking to you about your final product.

3. Hello 5m,

I see your first showing of your animation work is on a Tuesday. Maybe I would be able to come and see this if you’d be happy to invite me along? Using the ipads to animate sounds like great fun and an excellent way to develop lots of skills through this project.

Mrs Spence