HOW OUR WEEK ‘SHAPED’ UP IN P7B!

OUR WEEK:

Callum: “During maths we learned about 2D and 3D shapes. We learned that a cube has eight vertices, six faces and twelve edges.”

Luke: “3D shapes do not have sides, only 2D shapes have sides. For example, a square has four sides and a nonagon has nine sides.”

Rabeea: “We also learned how to solve word problems. It helps us if a problem is written as a sentence because it helps us decide what type of sum it is. The three steps are: 1. Decide what type of sum using the key words. 2. Write the sum out accurately using the correct numbers. 3. Complete the sum and double check.”

Jane: “In writing we were writing Remembrance poems. To do that you had to choose your rhyming words and make up four lines in your verses. I felt it was sad to write about but it was fun at the same time because you had to use your imagination and put yourself in the shoes of the soldiers.”

Sophie M: “I enjoyed making my poem. I enjoyed making my lines so that they matched the rhyming beat. My poem was to make sure we remember all soldiers in the past and present who have died.”

Christopher S: “I enjoyed writing my poem and trying to make it rhyme. It was difficult at first but it got easier because I kept working hard. Part of my poem was:

Wear a poppy, save the day,

On the 11th, Remembrance Day. “

Callum: “I enjoyed learning about Dunkirk and how the soldiers tried and failed to take back their land and were saved from the beaches by yachts and other boats.”

Sam: “In art we were learning about another part of WW2 which was propaganda which is when the Allies and Axis tried to persuade people. Some examples were that Hitler was an evil monster, Dig For Victory and Your Country Needs You! Next week we’re going to create our own propaganda posters and we can choose whether to represent the Axis or Allies.”

Declan: “In drama we had to perform act one of Cinderella Rockafella in front of the primary 6s. It went excellent because everyone had their heads up and weren’t staring at their words.”

Taylor: “I liked circle time this week because I enjoyed hearing what everyone was up to during the holidays.”

WHO HAS IMPRESSED?

Emma: “My table impressed me by winning table of the week.”

Christopher A: “Primary 5m impressed me this week with their brilliant performance in assembly about Guy Fawkes. I really liked how they all dressed up and found it very interesting.”

Eve: “I’m impressed with Rebecca for getting her highest score on Big Maths Beat That.”

Isla: “Luke impressed me by getting Mr Jeffries’ MVP for P.E.”

Taylor: “P2e impressed me because at wet lunch they behaved really well.”

Rabeea: “Christopher S impressed me by winning Mrs Innes’ pupil of the month.”

Rebecca: “Louise impressed me with her Remembrance poem because it had really good rhymes in it and it made sense.”

Sam: “I’m impressed by the Troopers table because they won table of the week for the first time in p7! They didn’t give up, kept trying and eventually they have won!”

Freya: “I’m impressed with Emma for winning pupil of the week for writing a really good poem about Remembrance.”

Sophie L: “Isla has impressed me because she has learned all of her words for Cinderella Rockafella off by heart.”

Sophie M: “Declan impressed me by getting onto step 3.”

Louise: “Abbie has impressed me in Cinderella Rockafella because she is putting lots of effort into her acting for the role of Teaser.”

Mr Berginis: “Well done to everyone who beat their best ever score on Big Maths Beat That this week.”

One thought on “HOW OUR WEEK ‘SHAPED’ UP IN P7B!”

1. Lots and lots of new learning going on – well done! Perhaps I could ask three of the class to read their Remembrance poems at tomorrow’s Business Meeting?
    I really enjoy reading who has impressed you during the week. Well done everyone on improving your Beat That scores!