Seaside Fun in Class 1

Miss Barrie, Mr Marsden and the boys in class 1 were feeling disappointed this morning as our trip to the beach was postponed due to the wet and windy weather.  After our hello song, we had a class discussion about the weather.  Miss Barrie explained that the bouncy castle at the beach would be all wet and the play park would be too slippery for us to play on.  The boys in class 1 agreed that we should go to the seaside when the weather is a bit nicer. 

We decided that instead of feeling sad, we should have a fun day of beach themed activities!  We loved playing with the water toys.  We like testing to find out if an object floats or sinks.  We enjoyed filling the containers with water and pouring the water over the water mill.  “The water mill is like a fan!” said Jayden.   Joe had fun playing with the whales and the dolphins.  This week we will be learning more about life under the sea! 

We enjoyed visiting the Rainbow Room and painting pictures of the seaside.  We used different painting techniques, including paint brushes, finger painting and printing rollers.  Jayden and Liam enjoyed using the printing roller to create a wavy sea, using blue and white paint.

We even got to plan our own silver circle timetables.  We each had to choose four activities and put them in the order that we wanted to do them.  Lewis, Cody and Liam all wanted to make masks of their favourite characters.  Joe wanted to choose the library so that he could read his favourite story book ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’ and Jayden chose four of his favourite activities, which included the dark den.

At snack time we ate marmalade sandwiches, just like Paddington Bear!  Joe and Jayden really enjoyed their sandwiches.  “It is just like orange jam!” said Jayden.  Miss Barrie and Mr Marsden thought the boys in class 1 deserved an extra special treat at snack time.  We had a yummy scoop of vanilla ice cream with delicious strawberries!

2 thoughts on “Seaside Fun in Class 1”

1. Hi Class 1
    I was feeling a little bit sad for you today when your trip was postponed but I am feeling very happy now to hear that you had such a lovely day at school instead. The water toys look like lots of fun to play and experiment with and your seaside paintings look fantastic.
    Marmalade sandwiches are my favourite. I’m very pleased to hear you all tried a new food and I’m a little bit jealous to hear you had ice cream and strawberries without me!
    Well done boys, Miss Barrie and Mr Marsden for turning a sad day into a happy day 🙂

2. Class 1, I was sad to hear that you couldn’t go on you visit because of the rainy weather. The seaside isn’t as much fun when it is wet. Your day with lots of different activities looks very exciting! It’s lovely to see the photographs of you having lots of fun.