An outstanding week for P3b!

We have had another excellent week in primary 3! Our art was topic linked and we made a farming picture with moving parts. We were allowed to use anything we wanted and we used our creative skills – said Gemma. Isla said this was the best part of her week.

The best part of the week for many of 3b was our visit to Almond Valley Heritage Centre. We saw and did lots of interesting things like saw pigs, stroked  a cow and touched a goose egg. We learned that a baby turkey is a poult and we know a baby goose is a gosling. We are enjoying our farming topic.

We have learned that there are different kinds of triangles like isosceles, right-angled and equilateral. We talked about lines of symmetry and discovered how many each of these triangles had. We also discovered a parallelogram has no lines of symmetry!

We were all reading and trying to work out words that filled in the blanks but fitted in the story. We have to think carefully about this but we are becoming proficent!

This week’s book recommendations:

Jessie is looking forward to reading Rusty.

Sarah is enjoying Never Kiss Frogs.

Cameron Brown says Rusty is very worth while to read.

Lexis has read a Laura book before and is looking forward to reading another in the series.

2 thoughts on “An outstanding week for P3b!”

1. Hi Primary 3b,

I’m so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Almond Valley Heritage Centre and got to see lots of animals whilst visiting. Your book recommendations are very good and I’m sure others will want to read these books when you have spoken so highly of them.

Keep up the good work.

Miss Henderson

2. Did you enjoy the almond valley heritage centre? We went to the centre in p3 as well it was so fun and I was really lucky because I got to go on my birthday.

Liam Brown
    P6m