Mr Bear’s Holiday

Mr Bear’s Holiday

We have enjoyed listening to the story ‘Mr Bear’s Holiday’.   In the story, Mr Bear and his family set off on a camping trip.  We discussed the things that we would need to pack for a camping holiday and helped to create our own Balbardie Camp Site!  We collected sticks, twigs, leaves and grass with Mr Marsden for our camp site.  Joe and Jayden have had lots of fun in the role play area.  Joe and Jayden love to pretend that the rain has suddenly come on and they have to get inside the tent as quickly as possible!  Jayden has been making Miss Barrie some lovely cups of tea in the camp site. 

The boys had great fun in the Sensory Room this week.  The Sensory Room was transformed into a camp site with lots of things to see, smell, taste, touch and hear.  We have been learning about our senses and using our knowledge to create some lovely senses poems. 

“My tongue went bursting with delicious flavour.” Cody

“The grass smells like a garden.” Jayden

“I saw a tent, like at the shows!” Joe

“It’s going to rain down, ssshhh.”  Lewis

“Marshmallow tastes like yummy ice cream!” Joe

“The wind went wooosh!” Cameron

Next week, we will add some WOW words to our poems and enter them into the Young Writer of the Year competition.

Snack Time

Every day we use good table manners at snack time.  We always try to say please and thank you.  We enjoy helping to set the table and prepare the food.  This week we have enjoyed making tortilla wraps with cheese and cucumber inside.  Liam loves to help chop the fruit as he likes to learn if the fruit has any seeds inside and if they are big seeds or small seeds. 

Lewis has been working very hard on his spreading skills this week.  He is able to spread the butter on his wrap, all by himself.  Joe likes to wrap up the tortilla like a telescope!  We had fun saying ‘AHOY MATEY’ once we managed to roll our tortilla.

2 thoughts on “Mr Bear’s Holiday”

1. Hi Class 1,

I love your campsite. It looks like great fun to play in and Miss Barrie is very lucky to have you making her cups of tea in the campsite. Well done, Lewis on being able to spread your wrap all by yourself at snack time. I’m looking forward to hearing all of your news from the campsite next week and seeing the WOW words in your poems.

Keep up the good work.

Miss Henderson

2. Hi Class 1
    The Balbardie campsite looks lots of fun. I will need to remember my wellies next week so I can go camping in class 1 too. I would love one of those cups of tea, Jayden.
    Your senses poems sound great so far. I think I will bring my special stamper when I come to read them next week.
    Have a lovely weekend.