Phenomenal Personification in P5S!

We have been learning about personification which is a language technique where things are given human-like qualities.

Inspired by our rainforest learning context, we created poems which included personification and Miss Spiers was blown away with some of the fantastic descriptions we used.  We haven’t quite finished yet however we wanted to share some snippets of our work with you.

‘The sun peers its head over the top of the trees and awakens the animals.                                                                                                                                The tigers roar and stretch.  Birds sing and fly.                                                Lions shake and scream to the sounds of the rainforest, like a musical band.’  (Becca)

‘When the sun wakes up the animals waken too and dangerous things can happen!                                                                                                          Warm rain drops from the sky as the clouds cry in despair.’  (David)

‘I am a house, home to things I do now know the name of.  I block out the light and hardly ever does the sun penetrate my shielding arms and make its way to the floor.                                                                                The rain however does.  The drops race and come slamming down onto the ground.  The things inside me wake up.  They rush through the gaps and start to talk as the rainforest comes alive.’ (Erin)

Keep checking our page as we’ll add our finished re-drafts next week.

Have a lovely long weekend 🙂