April Fool’s Day!

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well.

It’s April Fool’s Day! I thought about sending you all an April Fool’s prank but decided I’m too nice to do that! Instead, I thought you could research fun facts about April Fool’s Day. You could research where it started, how it started or what other countries do on April Fool’s Day. My favourite country’s tradition is France and I’m definitely going to try that today in my house!

If you find any fun facts or traditions, share them in the comments! Remember though, you can only play an April Fool’s on someone before midday!

12 thoughts on “April Fool’s Day!

1. Hi Mrs Panton, hope you are keeping safe and well? Just wondering if you can suggest any good sites where we can print off maths worksheets please? I know there is lots of online courses but keen that not all day spent looking at a screen. Thank you in advance.

1. Hello! Yes, all good, just trying to get used to all the changes! I hope all is well with you too! http://www.worksheetgenius.com is a very good website for worksheets. It can also generate your own questions too, as there is a ‘create your own’ tab. After the Easter holidays I will be putting work up on the blog which should be more structured and will involve more written work. Have a look at that website but if you have any problems or would like me to make up some then just let me know!

1. Fab, thanks for quick reply. I will have a look. Alls well with us too…but Fraser is really missing you and his friends. Take care

1. Fraser has found out that in Greece people believe that the pranksters will have a good year and victim a bad one. Also that rainfall on 1st April has healing powers! He has enjoyed investigating, thank you.

2. Good morning Room 12. I hope you are all keeping well. I hope you’re all enjoying the activities Mrs. Panton is posting.

It’s nice to see settled weather so I hope you are at least getting out into your garden or going for a walk.

Hopefully see you all soon!
    (Mr. Campbell)

3. On April Fools Day in 1989, billionaire Richard Branson designed a hot air balloon to look like a UFO and hired a dwarf in an E.T. costume to come out and scare whoever was near it when it landed.

4. Hi Mrs Panton! How are you? Hope you are keeping yourself safe! Missing you! Really hope schools come back before summer so I can see you again and you can teach me. Hope to see you soon!!

1. Hi Amelia, it’s lovely to hear from you! I’m good thank you, how are you getting on? I know, it’s very strange isn’t it?! I’m missing you all too and hoping we can get back to school soon. I hope you’re managing to keep yourself busy and not getting too bored!