Weekly Work 1.6.2020

HAPPY JUNE ROOM 13!

I cannot believe we are in to our final month of school! Where is the time going?  I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and had the chance to soak up loads of this amazing weather… I certainly did!  This is what my ‘office’ looked like yesterday 😀

Make sure you read right to the end of the blog for some information about the Tuesday Challenge tomorrow!

There have been some changes to the information we put out about Burnside’s Got Talent last week.  Videos now can have audio so if you would like to sing, dance / do gymnastic tricks with music in the background, play an instrument etc… please send in your entries!  Please read the information document below to find out how to submit your entry as this is slightly different too! Any changes have been highlighted in red.

Burnside’s Got Talent

As we enter our last few weeks of school, P7’s I will upload a transition activity for you have a go at.  If there is anything you are going to do this week I would highly recommend this being the one you try!  It will give you the chance to start getting your head around different high school activities and scenarios.  You can find this activity in the HWB section.

Remember all of these activities are only suggestions.  I am hoping for you to get the chance this week to spend loads of time outdoors!

• Spelling Words
  • Silly Sentences
  • Sensory spelling – can you find items in your house or out in your garden and use them to spell out your words?
  • Throw & Catch – Throw a ball to a partner or against a wall shouting out a letter each time, to spell each of your words.

• Toppsta Reading Pack
  • Continue to read The Explorer or your own personal reader.  Remember to try read aloud at least twice a week to practice your fluency with reading.
  • Newsround – Have a look at the news article about the Space launch that happened over the weekend.

• Newspaper Template
  • Primary 7 – Use the newspaper article template above to write an article about your time in P7.  Think about selecting some key events and draw the reader in with a catchy headline!
  • Primary 6 – Use the newspaper article template above to write and article about safety in the sun.  Try and gather some key facts about staying safe outdoors and make some recommendations about ways people can stay safe during summer.
  • Calligraphy PowerPoint
  • Calligraphy Handwriting Activities

• High School Transition Activities
  • Design your own website
  • In this weather, ice lollies are a must!!! Try and find a tasty ice lolly recipe to follow or interesting flavour to try.  If you find any good ones send them over to me!
  • Happy helpers… I know everyone wants to just sit and relax in the sun but that doesn’t mean we stop helping around at home!  Why not help outside?
  • Watch Newsround each day and take the quiz at the end of the week.

Sign: P.E. | abcteach

• PE Challenges
  • Joe Wicks every morning at 9am
  • Garden Games – try creating your own game outside.  Write up the instructions and send them over and I can share with the class.
  • Cosmic Yoga & Go Noodle
  • Walk it out – Make sure you are still getting out for a bit of exercise everyday.  If it is super hot, try going out early in the morning or in the evening when it has cooled down a little!

***Finally P7, we need your help with suggestions for a song to play in the background of your P7 slideshow.  Any suggestions? Send them over!***

Let’s have an amazing week.  Remember a special Tuesday Challenge tomorrow with PRIZES for my top 3 winners.  It is not a race though so don’t panic about getting it done the quickest… it will require some planning!

Have an amazing week, missing you all loads!

Remember to check in with me throughout the week and if you need anything just leave a comment or send me an email.

Speak soon,

Miss M x

8 thoughts on “Weekly Work 1.6.2020”

1. Hi miss McKinnon I was thinking either dance monkey by tones and I , never enough from the greatest showmen or count on me by brono mars !

Lots of hugs Hollie xxx