1. Hi everyone at Burravoe Primary. My name is Alex Vaughan and I am a teacher at a school called Barlow Hall Primary in Manchester, England. We are going to be starting a project looking at our local area and comparing and contrasting it to another in the UK. I wondered whether you would be interested in helping out? We’ve also got a blog – 5v2013.barlowhallblogs.net … I thought maybe we could write some questions to you about what life is like in Shetland so that the children in my class could learn about your life and home and I’m sure they would also love to answer any questions you have about where they live. I completely understand if you are not interested or too busy! I know it’s difficult fitting in extra things alongside your learning but I just thought I’d ask. Looking forward to hearing back from you one way or the other! PS Keep up the good work on the animations, they look great. Cheers, Alex

2. We had a wet playtime today, so had to stay in. ( It was VERY wet!) We watched all of your animations, they are fabulous! We are going to be making animations later this term. If we get stuck, can you give us some tips?

• Yes we can give you some tips here are some my friend Kerry wrote. First you have to think of your idea for your animation. Next you have to make a story board and figure out what your characters are going to say and what they are going to look like. Also remember that your characters speeches have to fit in with your story line.To make an animation you need a lot of skills, you need artistic skills for making your characters and backgrounds. Problem solving skills will also come in handy for helping you sort out problems along the way. Directing skills for helping you when you want other people to make your sound recordings and being able to tell your friends what to say and how to say it. Film making skills for helping you know how to use the software we used Zu3D,iMovie and iStopmotion. Zu3D is easier for beginners of animations.
      We are looking forward to see your animations. 🙂