Trip to the Energy Recovery Plant

On Tuesday the 10th of December we had a school trip. We went to three places the first one was the Energy Recovery Plant and second one was landfill site and the last one was Shetland Heat Energy and Power Limited. We went to the meeting room at the Energy Recovery Plant. The furnace burns the rubbish to make hot water then it goes to the pipes then it goes to people’s houses for heating. We went to the control room we looked at the claw. The claw picks up the rubbish and takes it to the furnace. The furnace temperate was 1,200°C . We got a hardhat and safety glasses. I learned that the furnace was very hot on your face.  My favourite bits were the claw and the furnace.  We got our hi-vest jacket to go to the landfill site. We saw seagulls and I saw old TVs. I saw a machine and I saw the rubbish was crushed. Then we went to the Energy and Power Limited. We got torches and a leaflet. Neville turned the tap and Mia tested the water and I saw the steam come up.