Posting the Postcards

On Friday James, Kay, Lucy and me went to the post office. The post office is actualy someones house with a post office on one side. We drove there because it was raining but we could of walked. We arrived and had our picture taken.

We went inside into the hallway and there is a hole on the left where you post and receive things. We showed Gilda the postcards and we had to put stamps that need to be licked. We took turns to lick and stick then we had to put on air mail stickers and we didn’t have to lick them.

At the end we had to work out how much it would cost to post so we did 67p x 10 and the anser is £6.70.

1. I enjoyed reading your post about posting, postcards! Your community appears similar to ours, we kind of make things work. I am putting up a display in my school about blogging and Because you have listed our school blog on your site (thank you), I was using a screen shot of your blog and one or two others in the display, I’ll post a photo when it is done! The thing I found interesting was trying to find the flag of Shetland! So I read your local newspaper and apparently it’s going to the vote. I have put the one up which has a stretched white cross on a blue background. Which one would the children vote for and do any of their dads fly the Shetland flag on a boat?
    Incidently there is a postcard on the way.

Mr E
    Hawes

2. I like the way you have explained to readers that our local post-office is in someone’s house. You could also have told them the change problem you had to solve – and you might have written the answer!