Glow Meet

On Wednesday we had a glow meet with John Fardell. We got to ask questions, He was speaking about his book called The 7 Professors of the Far North we are reading it at school it is about a boy that is going to his aunts house and on the way he saw a motorbike that was yellow and he went with them instead. This was part of the Fife Book Festival

We learned that you can use lots of little notes and ideas to make a book. After we’d had the glow meet we did some more school work then we went home when I got home I made a book that was called Bob the Plane Driver, It is about a man called Bob and when he goes to the supermarket he meets a man called Richard. I was influenced by John Fardell helping kids make up their one stroy. I enjoyed writing it Dad, Mam and Kerry liked it.

1. Thank you very much for sharing what you learned at the FIfe Book Festival Glow Meet. I was at another Fife Book festival event today and got to hear Chris Bradford talk about how he wrote his Young Samurai books – he even showed us how to use a Samurai sword! He researched his books by visiting Japan, where his books are based. I was lucky enough to get a signed copy of his first book.

2. I’m glad you were able to get ideas from John Fardell and very pleased that you followed up on them and made your own peerie book!