Homework is given 4 nights a week- Monday-Thursday.
Homework may come from various curricular areas but is likely to include spelling, reading or mathematics.
Sometimes children may have some topic work for homework.
The amount of homework given varies according to the age and stage of the child. All homework will be recorded by pupils in their homework diary. We would ask that parents sign diaries on each occasion that homework is completed. It is our hope to strengthen the valued home/school links to the benefit of each child throughout their school years.
Here are some helpful homework hints:
- make homework a part of the after school routine
- have equipment such as pencils close to hand
- make sure older children have a quiet place to work, preferably at a table
- get involved- make homework a family time
- sign the diary and remember your comments are always welcome