We hope you had a lovely weekend and have settled into the new school year. This year homework will be running slightly different. Below is a quick outline of how the homework will run and next weeks spelling. There is a letter attached to this post with more details.
Children will be shown the spelling rules in class as normal, however, they will not copy spelling into a jotter or homework diary. It will be posted onto the blog and in their Teams page as an assignment. Children can complete their homework in two ways:
1. Complete using teams notebook and assignments.
2. Can be completed using paper and take a photo. Submit/attach the photo to the assignment on teams.
Numeracy and maths
Children will have a numeracy and maths grid on their Teams page. The grid will be in the files section and attach to the assignment. Each week your child should complete one of the tasks for the Thursday of the same week. As with spelling you can evidence this in two ways.
1. Complete using your notebook on teams and submit the work to the assignment on teams.
2. Complete on paper (depending on the task) and take a photo. Submit/attach the photo to the assignment on teams.
Every Monday your child will be given a reading book. The reading book can stay at home until the Friday of the same week. The book must be back on Friday. On Friday the books will be stored and quarantined, this is in line with new COVID regulations. As a result, it is important books are returned on Friday.
P2 Homework below
|Day Homework Issued||Homework Task||Day Homework Submitted|
Spelling sound – ‘sh’;
|Spelling – words will be shared on the Primary 2 Blog, weekly.
1. words to be written out twice, neatly. Add as many of your own words using the words given. Eg. Chop – chops, chopping, chopped, chopsticks2. A sentence, using words from that week’s list.
|Friday of the same week.
Please encourage your child to use a capital letter and full stop in their sentence.
|Monday||Maths grid – 1 activity per week||Thursday of the same week.|
|Monday||Reading – new books given out.||Friday of the same week.|
We are aware of how different this year’s homework is running. If you are unsure about anything or are having trouble accessing any homework at home, please do not hesitate to ask us or get in touch.
The Primary Two team