We hope you have had a lovely weekend. Last week the teachers were given the happy news that the school would be open to them. This week some of the Primary 2 teachers will be in school sorting out the classrooms and getting them ready for next year. This does mean at some points during the week your teacher may not be on your teams page. However, there will always be a teacher available to you. A teacher within the school will cover the teams page. You will not be left on your own.
This week our spelling rule is “aw” and your spelling rule words are
As we have completed the common words for Primary 2 there will be none in your spelling. However, if you would like to refresh your memory here are the common words below
We would also like to take the opportunity to say how proud we are of all of the children. You have continually impressed us by engaging with your online learning and unfaltering motivation. Please remember,
- Just do whatever you can. We have set some of the work we would usually be doing on those days in school but please don’t feel you need to do it all. We understand that everyone has different circumstances and daily routines. We would be happy if you checked-in with us every day.
- We sometimes set different levels of tasks .e.g. mild, warm and hot. We always say to complete one of these, however, if you want to keep yourself busy feel free to do more than one.
- We will continue to have Team Meetings throughout the week. If you can join us, that would be great. These meetings give everyone a short time to share their news/feelings and hear each other’s voices. I know we really enjoy them and hope you do too.
- Uploading work: If you are having any problems uploading any work, remember you can always email them to us. Or just let us know on Teams that you have completed the work and we trust that you have!
- Feedback for your work: We look at your work once it has been submitted/uploaded and give you feedback. Please read the feedback to check for your strengths and next steps.
- Technical Difficulties: Sometimes documents, powerpoints and weblinks do not work when you try them on your device. Please let us know and we will try to advise you. The sound on some links doesn’t seem to work when it opens in Internet Explorer so another web browser (Chrome) would be better.
- Chill-Out Zone: Please remember to chat with your friends here. We are loving all of the creative and funny things you are doing in this zone. Please remember not to post personal photos or videos in this area. GIFs and emojis only.
Finally, keep trying your best and we will continue to be happy teachers.