Week Beg 30/10/17

I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Please see below for homework, news and class updates.

Homework

Spelling  – This week our sound is ‘ff’ as in stiff and cliff.  There will be 4 ff words and 4 common words to learn.

Reading – Reading books will be issued today. Please if you are able, continue to discuss what happens at the beginning, middle and end of the story.

Wordwalls continue to be heard. If you child does not have a word wall in their bag it is likely it is being revised and will be issued shortly.

Maths homework this week will be looking at odd and even numbers to 20. This is to tie in with our current topic of subtraction.

News

We absolutely love our new Stickman topic and last week we collected sticks to make our very own Stickman! This week we will create outfits for him/her and continue to read through the book.  We will also be looking at the beginning, middle and end of stories as part of our reading work.  I am very impressed with the children’s enthusiasm and look forward to sharing their thoughts and ideas with you.

Pupils have been bringing in Julia Donaldson books for the last week or so and it is wonderful! I will endeavour to read a story as often as possible and will also offer the children the opportunity to read to the class if they feel comfortable enough to do so.

Although it is cold the weather remains reasonably dry and this term we hope to get outside as much as we can! I would be grateful if pupils could bring in a pair of wellies or older shoes (that are okay to get dirty) for class to use as and when is needed.   These can be taken home each week if necessary for weekend activities.

Thank you for your continued support – it is appreciated.

Enjoy the week ahead!

Miss Cauley