What does the Parent Council do?
- Organise fundraising and social events.
- Represent the views of parents and carers on the education and welfare (to the school, Renfrewshire Council or HMIe).
- Organise meetings at which anyone can speak or listen.
- Organise meeting times and venues (which can be changed to suit the majority).
- Get involved with other community groups.
- Provide a focus for all parents to be involved in the life of the school.
- Can communicate suggestions, questions or concerns from parents to the school.
- Support the staff of Kilbarchan Primary to make the school the best it can be.
- Have a key role in the appointment of a new Headteacher or Depute Head and have a representation on the final interview panel.
How can you get involved?
Come along to meetings (see school newletter), offer to support events, keep in touch.