Updates from School Counsellor & Negative Consent forms for Place2Talk Service

Hello Cochrane Castle Families,

Welcome back! It has been so wonderful seeing you all at the morning drop off and finally having your kiddos back in the school. These past few months have been such a whirlwind and it’s totally understandable if you find yourself having a lot of mixed emotions about the return to school.

The Place2Be counselling program on West Johnstone Campus will be resuming shortly. Including our work with parents, one-to-one counselling, and our lunch time self-referral service called Place2Talk, which was hugely popular last year with students.

Last year signed permission slips were required for students to be able to use the Place2Talk service. This year we are moving to a negative consent. Meaning that if you want your child to have access to this service  no signed permission slip is required, just do nothing.  How simple is that!

If you DO NOT want your child to have access to this service please contact me or the school (via email, phone, or morning drop off), or print off the negative consent form below and we will remove your child from the approved list. You can change your consent at any time.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me or your head teacher. I am so excited to be working with your kids this upcoming academic year.

Attached at the bottom of this post is the negative consent form as well as a FAQ sheet about the Place2Talk program.

Click the link below and the file will download. If you have any trouble viewing the document please contact me, and I can send you a copy via email or home with your child.

Place2talk Negative Consent Letter and FAQS

-Melissa Dever, School Counsellor

Melissa.dever@place2be.org.uk