P5H Homework & Reminders – w/b 31.10.16

Good evening, I hope you have had as nice a weekend as I have after the busy week we have just had.  Yet again we have another busy week ahead of us. Keep reading for your homework and reminders.

Spelling: Please complete either se, ze for z or silent b in your spelling homework jotter for Thursday. I will give you all a new spelling homework activity grid tomorrow and explain each activity to you. Please complete a different spelling activity from this grid each week.

Book Detectives:  We will be setting up our new Book Detective groups on Thursday, therefore I will post your homework on Thursday.

Personal Reading Challenge:  As we discussed in class, you should read at least 4 books, chosen by you, this term. You should now be well into your first book. Once you have completed a book, you should fill in your personal reading passport which will now be kept in class.  Please make sure you bring them into school tomorrow (Mon 31st)

Maths:  This week I have posted another set of worded problems to complete in your maths homework jotter. We have discussed how to do these questions in class. It can be a bit tricky to decide what the question is asking but we will have lots of practice this term so it should become easier as the weeks go by. We will also be practicing these types of questions in class too.

Remember practice makes perfect!

Please read the instructions carefully to ensure all aspects of the task are being completed.

Topic: Next week as part of our topic we will be looking at Bishopton and comparing it to a small town in Brazil. To prepare for this I would like you to keep a diary for a day. Choose a day this week and keep a note of your daily routine. You should consider the following:

• What time do you get up?
  • What do you do in the morning before school?
  • What time do you leave for school?
  • How do you get there?
  • What did you do in school through the day?
  • Do you attend any clubs after school?
  • When do you have dinner?
  • What time do you go to bed?

Paper will be issued for you to complete the task on. This task should be returned to school by Monday 7th Nov.

Here are your reminders for this week.

1. P. E. is on Tuesday and Thursday. Please ensure you have a full kit to change into: shorts, top and trainers. Girls, please remember to bring socks if you are wearing tights. Both our P.E. sessions are going to be energetic so please remember to have a water bottle with you.
  2. Photographs will be issued this week and are due to be returned by Thursday 10th November.
  3. The Christmas card orders have been sent out and are due to be returned by Tuesday 1st November. We have a very tight time limit for returning your cards so please remember to bring them to school.

Enjoy what’s left of the weekend.

See you in the morning.

Mrs Hughes