P5S – Homework w/b 29.8.16

tango face smile big by warszawianka - Smiley icon from Tango Project: http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project <br><br> Tango Project icons are Public Domain.

Good evening everyone! I hope you have been having a lovely, restful weekend after another busy week. Well done to everyone for working so hard. Here is a rundown of your homework and reminders for the coming week.

Spelling: In your homework jotter you should complete your next spelling list. This will be either List 10 or List 17. I was very pleased with how well the homework was completed last week. Well done! Please remember to include the date and a title (this should be your list number) each week.

Each word (8 in total) should be written out three times, neatly in your jotter. You should then use the Creative Spelling activities for EACH of your spelling words. This task should be completed and returned to school for Friday.

Book Detectives: Read chapters 6-9 (inclusive) of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You should then complete your Summariser segment by writing a short summary of what has happened in these chapters. For your  Illuminator segment, please choose your favourite part from the chapters you have read and draw a detailed picture. Be ready to explain to your group members what it is about.

This task should be completed for Thursday. Please ensure you do complete the task otherwise you will be unable to participate in our class lesson as you will have no information to share with your group members.

Maths: I have set up three challenges on Mangahigh for you to complete. Try to play the games as many times as you can to achieve the highest medal possible. If you are unable to access this at home, you may use the IT Suite in school for 15 minutes at lunchtime, or I can issue you with worksheets to complete instead. Just let me know! Usernames and passwords will be issued in class on Monday. This task should be completed by Friday.

Here are your reminders for this week.

1.  P.E. will be on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you have a full kit with you: change of t-shirt, shorts and trainers.
  2. Last week you were issued with a number of letters, please return these to school as soon as possible.
  3. Please remember to have a suitable outdoor jacket for our Daily Mile sessions. You may bring a light raincoat and leave it at school if you wish.
  4. Please remember to show someone at home our class blog so they can see just what you get up to each day.  I have posted quite a few photographs over the last week. They, and you, are more than welcome to leave a comment letting us know your thoughts.

Reach for the Stars by missiridia -

Here is our class quote of the week. Let me know what you think.

Image result for quotes about reading

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you on Monday morning.

Mrs O’Neill