Japan Personal Project – Tuesday 27th September

japan flag 1

Learning Outcome

I can create a detailed presentation on an area of Japan that is of interest to me. I can use my research to discuss the diversity of particular cultures, values and customs in our society.  SOC 2-16c

Skill for Learning

Application & Knowledge: I can apply my knowledge of Japan to plan and produce an interesting and creative presentation.

Skill for Work

Organisation: I can organise my time and resources independently to ensure my project is completed in the allocated time.

Background

In class we will be learning about a variety of aspects relating to Japan. Now it is your turn to become independent international researchers! You are being asked to find out about an area of Japan that is of particular interest to you and share your findings with your peers.

Task

What you need to know: You are free to complete your personal project in any way you wish. You can pick something very specific (Japanese fashion, technology, food ) or something a bit more general (Japanese culture). If you wish, you may even choose an area we have not covered in class.

What you need to do: You can present your project in any way you choose. This might be in written form, a PowerPoint presentation, a booklet, a video or even a model. In other words, you have the choice to choose the way you feel will best help you to demonstrate your knowledge of your chosen topic. This project is all homework based therefore you need to think about the resources you will have access to: books, library, internet, personal accounts etc. Please ask for any paper, IT time or anything else you might need from school.

What you need to think about: You can use whatever you need to describe your personal project: photographs, videos, props etc. Try to think about why you picked this area for your project. What was it that interested you about it? Remember some people in class may know nothing about the area you have chosen to discuss, so you must explain it in detail.

How to get started: Get all of your ideas down on a mind map and then decide which ones are the most relevant and will best engage your audience.

Product Criteria

• You are free to present your researched topic in any way you choose. However, try to think outside of the box a little. In other words, be creative!
  • You have 5 weeks to pull your project together so use your time wisely. You should be prepared to bring your completed project to school on Tuesday 27thSeptember.
  • This is an independent research project. It is your responsibility to organise your time effectively and ensure you are putting in enough effort.
  •  Everyone will approach this task in different ways so don’t worry if your friends are doing  something different from you. Have faith in your project and what you have to say and it will all     work out. This is your chance to show just how well you can take responsibility for your own  learning.