P5S – Homework w/b 22.8.16

tango face smile big by warszawianka - Smiley icon from Tango Project: http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Desktop_Project <br><br> Tango Project icons are Public Domain.

Good afternoon everyone! I hope you have had a great weekend and look forward to hearing all your stories at check-in tomorrow. Each week I will post your homework and reminders on our class blog. Homework will also be noted in your school diary.

Spelling: Your spelling words for this week will be issued in class tomorrow. Each group will have a new rule to learn each week along with two new tricky words.

You should copy each word out three times in your spelling jotter. Next please choose four of your spelling rule words to learn using one of the “Creative Spelling” activities. These activities will be glued into the inside cover of your spelling jotter on Monday in class. This task should be completed and returned to school by Friday.

Book Detectives: Please read chapters 6-9 at home. Once you have read these chapters you should summarise what has happened in at least 5 or 6 sentences. Remember to pick out the main points of the storyline. You should also complete your Illustrator segment. Choose your favourite part from chapters 6-9 and draw a detailed picture of it. You should be able to explain your drawing to your group members in class. This task should be completed for Thursday 1st September.

Please ensure you complete this task on time to allow you to take part in our Book Detective session in class

Here are your reminders for this week:

1.  P.E. is on Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you have a full kit  with you: shorts, top and trainers.
  2.  We will be having our Daily Mile sessions every day so you should have suitable outdoor jackets as we will be outside whatever the weather.
  3. Please return any letters as soon as possible.
  4. Please cover your Spelling homework jotter for Friday. Your Book Detective jotter should be covered by Thursday 1st September. If you need paper, please ask and I will give you some.

Reach for the Stars by missiridia -

Every week I will post a quote on our blog (I do love my quotes). Please leave a comment on our class blog (if you can) letting me know what you think it means. Feel free to share your own favourite quote, if you have one, with the class. You may use our “quotes board” in class. Here is our very first quote of Primary 5.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend. See you all in the morning.

Mrs O’Neill