Welcome from the Headteacher

Welcome to our Firth Primary and Nursery School website where I hope you will be able to find lots of up-to-date information and a celebration of all the super things our school and nursery are achieving.

​Firth is a very happy and welcoming school and nursery with confident, achieving and motivated pupils who are involved in all aspects of their learning and school developments.​

You can have a look at our developing Vision, Values and Aims which are driving a positive and encouraging whole school ethos and culture.  We hope to show how we aspire to be part of the wider community and how we value the strong links emerging with other local community groups.

​As Headteacher, I aim to ensure that the children are encouraged to achieve their full potential in developing their knowledge, skills and abilities in a safe, supported and nurturing environment.  I hope to achieve this by providing a wide variety of continuously high quality, engaging, relevant and innovative learning experiences.

We greatly appreciate parental engagement in the learning and life of Firth Primary and Nursery, and hope to invigorate a new wave of participation in a rejuvenated Firth Parent Council which meets the needs of the parent forum.  We will also work closely with other schools in the Learning Community and our associated secondary school, Stromness Academy.

​I look forward to working in partnership with you all.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. ​

​Kind Regards,

Mrs Emma Jane Rendall

Header and background photos by Thorfinn and Freya