Home Learning 29.05.20

Good Morning P3 .  I can’t believe it is Friday again. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Here are your tasks for today.

Maths

Place Value

Warm Up

• Watch this video to revise your knowledge and understanding of place value.

Main Task

Copy and complete the following workbook page.

Fun Finisher

• With someone at home play guess my number. Take turns to choose a number between 0-99. Your partner asks whether your number is higher or lower than … your answer can only be yes or no.  How many guesses does it take- are you asking good questions or wasting your turn?

Challenge

Try playing with three digit numbers HTU and four digit numbers ThHTU

Homophones

Warm Up

• Watch this video by clicking the image below to revise homophones.

Complete the tasks underneath the video.

Main Task

Copy and complete the Focus and Extra homophone tasks.

Part One

Part Two

Challenge – Complete the Extension in part two

Fun Finisher

Create a poster explaining what a homophone is.  Give some examples of homophones in your poster.

Health and Wellbeing

Just a reminder that Mrs McMillan has been posting videos on the main blog. This week she shows a fun way to control your breathing as you play.

2 thoughts on “Home Learning 29.05.20”

1. Am so worried as Aimee does not want to engage with virtual learning. She was doing well at school but being an only child is missing her social contact and the interaction of school. She so misses her teacher too.

1. Morning, Sorry to hear that Aimee is not engaging with the virtual learning. It is such a shift in our way of working it will be challenging. Try to focus on the areas she enjoys to get her back involved and don’t worry about completing every task given. She has been on Sumdog recently which is good as this will keep her learning in a fun way. She enjoys reading – has she looked at the Epic Reading site (detail of login is on the blog) there is a huge selection of books to choose from. Writing for any purpose will also be good, which Aimee likes doing especially when given a chance to illustrate with pictures. Feel free to send any work or questions to my email KBellamy@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk Please let Aimee know that I am missing school and all the children and looking forward to getting back to school.