Tuesday 29th September

Happy Tuesday everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic September weekend! Today Primary 5/6 have been practicing our handwriting, specifically joining from the letter l. Β A huge well done to our star writers this week! πŸŒŸπŸ‘πŸΌ

Additionally, we are going to be exploring the work that the emergency services carry out. Β Today we looked at the ambulance service and we heard from Emily who is an ambulance dispatcher. Β She told us how important being a good communicator is in her job. Β We then practised our own communication skills. Β We had to instruct a member of our class how to get around our classroom, when they could not see. Β It was quite tricky ensuring that our instructions were concise!

Miss Donaldson πŸ‚

Wednesday 23rd September

Today in Primary 5/6 we walked a mile for the charity MacMillan.Β  We completed 6 laps of the school in order to raise some money (a big thank you to all the teachers who sponsored us!).Β  We made some flags, a banner and headbands to draw attention to our efforts.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Have a brilliant September weekend Primary 5/6, I’ll see you all on Tuesday!

Miss DonaldsonΒ  πŸ™‚

Rights with Mr Green – Article 3

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

We spent the morning with Mr Green exploring Article 3. Article 3 states that all adults must act in the best interests of children at all times.

We considered and examined some of things that adults at Woodlands Primary do to help us, some we enjoy and some we don’t. But we know that decisions are made to keep us safe and healthy and to help us learn.

Thursday 17th September

This morning we had our second virtual assembly. We heard from our Primary 7 house captains who are looking to recruit their vice captains from Primary 6.

In addition, tomorrow is the deadline for handing in the JRSO application form if any of our Primary 6’s have yet to bring theirs in.

Miss Donaldson πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

Meet the Teacher! πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ«πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

A quick β€˜hello’ from me to all those parents who I have not met before and a β€˜hello again’ to those I have! Have a look around our classroom, see where we spend our days and what we have been up to so far this year.

Note to self Β Don’t consider a career change to presenting, it is much more difficult than it looks!

Have a lovely night everyone,

Miss Donaldson

Tuesday 15th September πŸ“

Here are the finished results from our underwater art which we began on Friday – don’t they look great! πŸ πŸŒŠπŸ‹

Additionally, the children were given their handprint which they are to complete and return to school as part of their homework. For more information, see main blog. 🀚

Miss Donaldson πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸ«

Friday 11th September

Today Primary 5/6 began planning their story titled β€œThe Day I Shrunk”. Β Additionally, we have been learning about the different layers of the ocean this week (The Sunlight Zone, The Twilight Zone, The Midnight Zone, The Abyss and The Trenches). Β We were inspired by underwater photographs, taken in the sunlight layer. We used oil pastels to create a colour gradient, which we will add a silhouetted design to next week.

Thank you for all of your hard work this week Primary 5/6, I’ll see you all on Monday!

Miss Donaldson 🌟

Thursday 10th September

This morning was our first virtual assembly and it was great fun! We found out what our homework is (handprints will be given out tomorrow) and our first star pupil was awarded to DC!

In addition, as part of our topic we have been listening to some songs to help us remember the names of the five oceans.Β  We aren’t allowed to sing in the classroom just now, but the children are absolutely bursting to join in with them so they asked me to put the links up on the blog so that they can sing along at home.Β  Here they are!

Have a great night everyone!

Miss Donaldson 🍁