Wednesday 27th May 2020

P7’s please make sure you have had a look at the transition task from GHS, either on the main blog or my post from yesterday.

Good Morning P6/7!

Remember if you are out in the sun to keep hydrated and wear sun cream. It is supposed to be lovely all week 🙂

JK Rowling is publishing a chapter or two each day of her new book on this website:

https://www.theickabog.com/king-fred-the-fearless/

I am SO excited. I’m going to read what she’s posted so far today ❣️ 📖

MATHS:

Starter:

Practise your times tables by playing the game below. You can choose which table you would like to focus on and then find all of the multiples related to that table.

https://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/multiple/multiple_frenzy.htm

Activity:

I can find the factors of a number.

Challenge:

Finisher:

LITERACY:

Have you ever thrown a stone into a pond or a river and watched the ripples?  It can be mesmerising but what if something else appeared in the reflection of the water beside you?

In our writing lesson today, I would like you to continue this story.

I was relaxing at the water’s edge, throwing stones and watching the patterns of the ripples spreading out and then disappearing. Slowly, an unearthly reflection appeared in their place…

Activity: Through my narrative writing, I can entertain the reader.

Write an imaginative mystery story.  Make sure you take some time to plan how the story will develop and think about the characters you will introduce.  Entertain the reader, by ensuring your narrative writing has a plot, which will keep readers reading to see what happens next.

Success Criteria:

• A beginning/opening which hooks the reader to read further
  • With some detail, describe the setting and characters and their involvement in the action
  • Describe the main events in a sequenced order (characters, thoughts, feelings, views and opinions)
  • Use dialogue to tell more about the main events/characters and their thoughts and feelings
  • An ending which brings the events to a conclusion (may be an unexpected twist or turn)
  • Don’t forget to include VCOP

Challenge:

Can you count how many WOW words or figurative language you used to keep your readers hooked? (Metaphor, Simile, Personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia)

Plenary:

Read your imaginative mystery story to someone, if you can, and ask for a star and a wish.

Or if you wish to email your story to me, you are more than welcome: dpark@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk

EXTRA:

Did you know there are two American astronauts being sent up to space later today? 🚀  The launch of Falcon 9 and CrewDragon around 9:30pm. You can watch it live here:

nasa.gov/live