Wednesday 20th May 2020 🌞

Good morning P6/7 😁
MATHS

Well done to AM, JF and GS for spending some time on Sumdog this week! You have won extra coins!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Spread the word, we need at least 10 pupils on to join the North Lanarkshire Challenge!

Starter:

In the next few weeks, we’re going to revise multiplication calculations.Β  To ensure you’ve got your times tables facts at your fingertips, each day this week for our mental starter, we’re going to play a game which helps you to revise your times tables.Β  Here’s today’s game:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button

Select-> Times Tables ->Hit the Question -> Mixed.Β  You can decide whether you want to do Tables up to 10 or 12

Activities:

I have created a subtraction assessment for you to try, 20 questions, it is available until 4pm today.

Challenge:

Plenary:

Spend some time on Sumdog joining in the North Lanarkshire Challenge! P6 are doing so well! Come on P6/7!

__________________________________________________________

LITERACY

Starter:

Look at the words you wrote down yesterday from the theme music and your C.S.I. What did you think are the themes throughout this book?

Activity:

I can create a board game relating to the story line and theme of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Have a look at this example based on Danny the Champion of the World.

This board game takes you through the storyline. It has sections that requires you to either answer a question, spell a word or define a word’s meaning.

Can you create your own board game for our story? You could use β€œ?” and have questions set up to answer.

You might decide to not use spelling or questions and perhaps draw a picture and someone has to say what was happening in the story or draw or write a character and they have to say who it is and what their personality was like.

Plenary:

Can you get someone to play your game at home? Or a friend over a video call or email it to me: dpark@woodlands.n-lanark.sch.uk

I hope you are able to spend some time outside in the sunshine, remember to stay safe and remember your sun-cream β˜€οΈ 😎🌼

Miss Park x

3 thoughts on “Wednesday 20th May 2020 🌞”

1. Ava, I’m not sure what I’ve done but I have created a subtraction assessment you can try πŸ™‚ Sorry about that