Primary 1b- Tuesday 19th May

Good morning Superstars 🌟

I hope you are all well.

It was great seeing lots of pictures yesterday of all your wonderful work. You were all very busy bees.🐝

Look at the wonderful healthy snacks Holly, Chloe and Aria-Rose made.🍉

Take at look at Daniel’s subtraction skills. Very impressive!

Aaron has been working hard on his dictated sentences. He has included capital letters, full stops and finger spaces.

Today is Tuesday. Do you remember how to say Tuesday in Spanish? That’s right, it is Martes. You could teach someone in your house how to say all of the days of the week in Spanish by singing our song.🎶

Did that song wake you up? Let’s get started on today’s learning activities.

Let’s begin our day with our morning prayer.🙏🏻

God our Father, as we prepare to begin our work, we ask you to help us use properly, the many gifts you have given us, so that we may fully benefit from our day together in school. St. Barbara, pray for us.

Here is today’s overview:

DailyOverviewMay19th

Literacy🔠

ee sound 🌲👀🐝

Yesterday you learned the ‘ee’ sound.  Did you manage to think of lots of words that have this sound? Look at the pictures below, can  you guess each ee word?

Alphablocks🔠

Watch and learn more about the ee sound.

Common Words: had, see, has

Ask your child to think of a strategy to help them spell each new common word correctly. Can they sound out all of their new common words? They can sound out had and see but has is tricky. When we say the word ‘has’, the ‘s’ sounds like a ‘z’ so we can’t sound out this word. They can choose a different strategy that works best for them.

Writing✍️

Once your child has written their sentences ask them to check that they have included their core writing targets.

Maths

Sumdog North Lanarkshire Maths Contest🏆

Well done to all of the boys and girls who managed to play Sumdog yesterday. 15 of you have played so far. What an amazing effort Primary 1b! There is a little reward waiting for you all when you next sign in.  Our class has now qualified. Now let’s see if we can make our way up the leader board.There are only 3 more days left to take part. Take your time and just try your best. You are awarded points for accuracy so think carefully about each question before you answer. Good luck Super stars!

Subtract with a pirate song🏴‍☠️

Before we begin let’s get into character. You are going to be a pirate.

Start by saying Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Next say Ahoy, Me Hearties!

Finally say Yo Ho Ho!

Now you are ready to begin. The pirates have some very wise words. Listen carefully to find out what always happens when you subtract.☠️

Subtraction Missing Number Problems➖

missingnumbersubtractionwithin10

missingnumbersubtractionwithin20

HWB🥦🥕🍎🍓🙏🏻

Yesterday we had a look at making healthy snacks and the skills you need to create something delicious in the kitchen!

Today as we get closer to Sports’ Day next Tuesday, let’s be a little more energetic with a dance and then some yoga!

R.E.🙏🏻

Yesterday we were looking at the Ten Commandments and Jesus’ message to,

‘Love one another as I have loved you.’

I asked you to think about your families and how much you love them. I also reminded you that Pope Francis has told us all to care for others, ‘No ifs, no buts!’

Today I would like to think about the people living in the same house as you; there might be two of you, there might be six of you! It doesn’t matter. Now I would like you to think of FIVE little things that you could do this week for those in your home. It could be that you set the table, make your bed, clear up after a meal, make someone a cup of tea or even take the vacuum cleaner for a walk!

When you have selected five things, draw some heart shapes and inside each, draw or write your tasks. You can make some extra hearts for decoration. Colour or decorate them carefully. Next make a circle wreath-shape like the picture below or if you have a paper plate, use that. Attach your heart shapes and display your Caring Wreath somewhere you can see it easily. Carry out your tasks this week and show that you care – no ifs, no buts!

Please email your Caring Wreath to gw13mceleneylauren@glow.sch.uk  or, with an adult’s permission, upload them on to Twitter @St_BarbarasPS and to Pope Francis’ Twitter @Pontifex

🌟🌟🌟WONDERFUL WORK🌟🌟🌟

Usually in class I get to display all of your wonderful work on the walls. I am always so proud of your work boys and girls and I know how happy you are when you see your amazing work on the wall. I might not be able to put your work up on the walls just now but instead I am going to be showing off your fantastic work on our daily blogs. I would love if you could email or tweet me any work that you are proud of. 

Moving forward, any emails you wish to send can you please do so via my glow account- gw13mceleneylauren@glow.sch.uk

Have a Terrific Tuesday boys and girls.😀

Miss McEleney❣️🌈🙂