Primary 5 1st April 2020

Good morning to our FABULOUS PRIMARY 5S,

I cannot believe that April has arrived. It is of course April Fool’s Day, be kind to your family!

Try hard to join the live Facebook Fractions and Decimals Workshop by Count On Us at 10.30 am. Further details are on my previous blog post.

Let’s continue exploring negative numbers. Watch the following clip and complete questions.

Make sure that you pause the clip whilst you work on the activity. If you want even more practice have a go at the following page in your jotter: Answers are provided below, so no peaking!

Negative Number lines

Please spend some time on your personal reading today. Select 5 tricky words or phrases and investigate their meanings by reading forwards and backwards and checking your online dictionary.

Please take some time to complete reading, spelling and numeracy set tasks on Sumdog today. A new competition is live and waiting. I will announce the winner tomorrow!

I know that you are all experts using Power Point now. Why not begin a personal research project on an areas of personal interest and start to create your own Power Point. It could be about your pet, your hobby, a country, a famous person, a planet, a sport that you love, an era in history. You choose! Remember to gather information from a variety of sources before organising your Power Point. Feel free to share your work.

Remember that you can select and adapt tasks suggested to suit your circumstances. However, it is important to continue to push yourself and keep your amazing brains active throughout the day.

I am looking forward to hearing about your home learning. Mrs H x

A little memory of P5:

4 Replies to “Primary 5 1st April 2020”

1. Hi Mrs Haughey I watched the the count on us video this morning and the Rigour maths and they were both really enjoyable.I learnt a lot from watching them.

Love Rachael Cushley❤️

1. I am glad that you managed to watch Count On Us. I thought that the percentages strategy at the end was brill! You have obviously been working very hard Rachael- as always! I have noticed that you have completed a lot of online tasks too. Keep it up, you are a star! Mrs H x

2. Hi Mrs. Haughey, hope you and all your family are ok. Thanks for the daily blog it always makes me smile. I miss you and all my friends. See you soon love Hollie x

1. Hi Hollie, thank you for your reply, it made me smile too! I hope that your family are doing well. I know it’s not easy when you miss your friends, but keep smiling, you will see them soon. Love, Mrs Haughey x