St Ambrose High School
Physical Education Department PE Kit Policy
At St Ambrose High it is important to us that all pupils strive for their personal best in every area of school life. Within the PE department we support this through our ethos of 100% participation. This means that for PE lessons we require the following:
- All students to have full and correct PE kit for every lesson.
It is understood that there are occasions when pupils will be unable to take a full active part in a lesson due to a medical condition or as they recover from illness or injury. When this happens, PE staff endeavour to keep such pupils as involved as possible so that they can continue their learning alongside their classmates. If a student is injured or unwell the following procedures should be followed:
- Students must still bring their PE kit along with a note explaining their condition.
- Their teacher will then discuss what they are able to do, sometimes this will be taking part in some of the lesson, other times this will be taking on alternative roles within the lesson such as leadership, officiating or evaluating peer performance.
- Students will change into their PE kit to carry out these jobs.
What are the benefits of this policy?
- Pupils are taking responsibility for their learning; by bringing their PE kit and discussing any issues they have with their teacher, we are encouraging a more mature approach to their education.
- Everyone is participating and participating in the lesson.
- Everyone is in kit for PE creating a sense of unity, no-one stands out as being different.
- Everyone is involved and contributing to the lesson.
- Different types of learning will occur when you take different roles such as referee, score keeper etc.
- White top
- Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms/leggings
The schools uniform supplier sells white T-Shirts with the St Ambrose crest on it. Alternately any predominantly white T-Shirt is appropriate.