PROCEDURE FOR CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS
We appreciate that you may have concerns’ or may feel the need to register a complaint and would advise, in the first instance, that you call the school (details given) to leave a brief description of your concerns with a member of our office staff. This information will then be passed to the relevant pupil support teacher, year head or member of senior management in the best position to resolve this matter for you. At a later date, we may request that you put this in writing.
Every effort will be made to ensure, where possible, that your complaint is addressed within five school days. We would ask that you be aware that our teaching commitments would take priority, but every effort will be made to respond to you as stated.
Please be assured that we would make every effort to resolve any issues fairly and to our mutual satisfaction. If however, you feel that you need to take matters further, we will be happy to provide you with the relevant information you would need to do this.
St Ambrose High School
65 Townhead Road
Tel: 01236 794896
Fax: 01236 427839
HOME – SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP
At St Ambrose High School we are constantly ‘aiming higher’. We strive to offer an excellent level of service to our whole school community and value any comments, opinions – even any complaints you may have, which will help us achieve this. We also welcome your compliments and make every effort to share them with all members of our school community.
• We strive to ensure that telephone contact with the office is dealt with promptly, efficiently and politely. Our standard is to answer telephone enquiries within six rings.
• Equally we make efforts to ensure that all written correspondence reaches you in good time and contains information which you feel is important to your son/daughter’s education.
• Parents and visitors are kindly requested to make an appointment when they would like to meet with a member of senior management or Pupil Support during the school day. On those occasions where visitors arrive without an appointment every effort will be made to ensure that someone from Senior Management is available with 45 minutes to obtain preliminary information regarding the visit and to arrange an appointment where appropriate.
• Using technology we are now able to reach you more easily. We would ask that you keep us informed of you mobile and e-mail details so that we can maintain regular contact.
• E-mail enquiries will be acknowledged upon receipt and actioned in the same way as written correspondence.
Our school web site can be accessed at www.st-ambrose.n-lanark.sch.uk
Our school twitter account can be accessed at @stambrosehigh
They both provide a wealth of up to date information about the school.
Our Parent Council play an active part in supporting the education of our young people. Your participation in these forums would be greatly appreciated. Each group meets once a month. You are welcome to attend the meetings which take place. Please contact the school if you are interested in becoming involved. The minutes of the Parent Council can be accessed on the school website.