Orchard Primary & Nursery

Update from Primary Seven

Michael, A-Jay and Jamie:

This week we have been learning more about how to make popup books. Today we learned how to make a rotating pop-up.

We have all enjoyed doing these pop up books and they’re really fun to make. My favourite was the mouth fold out of the mouth fold, the box fold and the slide.

We are soon going to make pop up books for the school. We are doing  this to show the rest of the school how rights affect our lives.

Kristian and Ziad :

Ziad: Miss Gibb discovered that bottle flipping was a craze and wasn’t  just her P7. She showed us a video of Thornlie Primary using bottle flipping in P.E. We all agreed we would like this to become part of our P.E. too. We got to see everyone’s bottle flipping skills on Monday and Thursday. Some people were amazing at bottle flipping. Jamie flipped the bottle onto it’s cap ten times. Me and Kristian flipped the bottle ten times in a row!

Kristian: We have also been learning how to design and program a game using free software called Kodu and got to play around with it first. Some people made a flying octopus – everyone enjoyed it. we hope to use this software to design a game to explain our rights.

Clare and Morgan H:

The challenge group this week have been solving riddles about  rounding decimal numbers have a go yourself:

• my value is between 1/4 and 3/4
  • I have 3 decimal places
  • my nearest tenth is 0.6
  • if you round me to the nearest hundredth, I round up

0.317     0.764       0.562      0.64      0.598        0.602        0.657       0.547

After solving these riddles we made up our own.