Orchard Primary & Nursery

Kindness in P3

| 1 Comment

Primary 3 had a good discussion during circle time about kindness. Mrs Johnstone showed us two apples. Both looked exactly the same on the outside. Mrs Johnstone told us she really didn’t like one of the apples and we passed it around the circle saying horrible, mean and nasty things to it. She then told us that she preferred the other apple and we passed it round the circle giving it compliments and saying really kind things to it. Mrs Johnstone cut the apples open and we looked at the inside. The apple we were nice to was clean, white and had no marks on it but the apple we were mean to was mushy, had marks on it and looked brown inside. We talked about how a person feels inside when we are unkind to them. Over the next few weeks Primary 3 are hoping to fill their ‘kindness tree’ with lots of examples of kind and helpful things we have done for others in and out of school.

Katelyn – I am going to be very kind to my friends because I don’t want them to be sad inside like the rotten apple.

Aleah – In P3 we were learning about kindness and we are all going to try to do kind things for everyone in our school.

Emily – We have got a tree of kindness in our classroom. I hope my name is going to be in there for being kind to someone.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

One Comment