Orchard Primary & Nursery

Writing in the Sunshine

Primary Seven were delighted when Mrs Woodward suggested heading outdoors to finish off their writing this afternoon.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Elise and Tyler’s diary entries of their first day at Orchard Primary:

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at our big new school, Orchard Primary. I went to bed early last night because I knew I would be tired the next day. When I woke up it was 07:15am. I got changed into my new uniform and went downstairs and did my normal school routine.

When I got to the new school I could see my friends in the playground. I went and played with them until the bell rang. I went into the classroom, looked for my name tag and sat down.

We learned about being a good role model and had a chat about our new school routine. Then we went to meet our buddies and went out for playtime. When we came back in we designed our peg labels, had a fire drill and designed a card for our buddies. Lastly, we took a tour of the school.

The first day of school was amazing and so fun. I am looking forward to going back on Monday. I am not looking forward to the real work though!

It’s time for me to go to bed so goodnight!

from,

Elise.

Dear Diary,

Today was the first day in our brand new school which is called Orchard Primary School.

I woke up at 8:00 in the morning and went to school. The school is very big because there is the primary school, nursery and high school.

I met my teacher Miss Gibb (a comedian) and then we talked about respect. After that we finally met our buddies and went out to play. My buddy is called Tyler too! We had a fire drill before lunch. After lunch we made a card for our buddies then it was home time.

In a couple of hours I will go to bed after a long day.

I am looking forward to Monday,

Tyler.