Old Monkland Primary School & Nursery Class

WHERE EVERY CHILD IS SPECIAL

Primary 2/3 – 22.6.20

Hi P2/3!

I hope you have enjoyed the weekend and are looking forward to the summer holidays!

Sum Dog
A big well done to everyone who has taken the time to take part in Sum Dog challenges, contests and assessments while working at home. I’ve been really impressed with your efforts. As this is the last week of school I won’t be creating any new challenges but I will be sending coins to you all for participating. I will also open the house earlier this week.

Oxford Owl
Oxford Owl and Sum Dog will be available to you throughout the summer if you’d like to access them. Just pop in the class username and password and you’ll be able to access the bookshelf.

Teams
It’s been very different to ‘Show and Tell’ and ‘News Time’, but Teams has allowed me to keep in touch with you all and hear about what you’ve been getting up to. It has been so lovely to see your pictures and work over the last few weeks and I hope you have enjoyed hearing from your classmates too. You should all be very proud of yourselves for the great effort you have made! If possible, I would love if you could all leave a wee message this week so I can hear from you all before school ends.

Summer Activities
Since we only have a few days left, I have attached some summer themed activities you might want to take part in before school comes to an end for the year. You can also still take part in the Disney Virtual trip which I posted last week. The files are also available through our class team.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/kids-cooking – This website has lots of great recipes to try out.

https://www.happinessishomemade.net/easy-summer-kids-crafts-that-anyone-can-make/ – Here you can access lots of art and crafts activities.

Hope to hear from you all this week! Missing you all.

Miss Bennett xx