Newmains Family Learning Centre

Forest week 2. PM session

We had so much fun at our 2nd week in the Forest.  We started with identifying the boundaries and marking the trees with ribbon as a reminder of these.  The children continued to climb trees and are already growing in confidence with how high they will climb and risk assessing this independently.  There was lots of imaginative play going on this week with the children pretending sticks were magic wands and casting spells on each other to sitting on tree stumps which they were pretending were unicorns and horses.  We even had some zombies at the forest this week!  One child found a large stick and this prompted a game of limbo which was lots of fun!  The children began exploring parts of the Forest which they hadn’t explored on Week 1.  It is lovely watching the children explore and learn about their new surroundings.

Avatar photo

Author: Charlene Barclay

I work as an Early Learning Practitioner in Newmains Family Learning Centre. I have worked here since Febuary 2005 and love my job!