Starting nursery is a very exciting time for children and remembering the following things can help settle children easier.
- Bring a bag to and from nursery every day with nappies (if needed) change of clothes and hard soled slippers or indoor shoes.
- Arrive on time to drop off and collect children – when children are settling, this is very important so children begin to understand the nursery routine.
- Your child will have their own keyworker and will be greeted every day by them during the settling period. The keyworker will give you an update of how the session has been for your child.
- We work at you and your child’s pace during settling in.
- We have an open door policy and if there are any questions or issues you would like to discuss, please speak to a member of the management team or your child’s keyworker.
- At Newmains Family Learning Centre, there is no such thing as a silly question – ask away!