In S3 pupils receive 3 periods per week building on their existing IT skills. Consolidation and differentiation are key during S3. A significant part of this course is practical in nature with pupils using different applications in Microsoft Office. Admin practices theory is also studied.
- word processing (letters, itineraries, forms)
- spreadsheets and charting
- publisher (business cards, certificates)
- e-mail and e-diary
- skills, qualities and duties of admin assistants
- customer care
- health and safety
- security of people, information and property
- organising events
If pupils opt to continue this subject in S4 they will start working towards the national level assessments most appropriate to their needs and abilities.
National 5 Assessment
Assessment for National 5 comprises of an Assignment with IT based tasks to be carried out under exam conditions within 3 hours, worth 70 marks. In addition, pupils sit a 2 hour practical exam during the SQA exam diet, worth 50 marks. All assessment is externally marked by SQA.