Glenboig Primary School

Senior Reading Club!

As the saying goes “Time flies when you are having fun!”

Our first reading club was such a pleasure to hold – the children were so engaged and their love of reading was great to listen to!  Each pupil discussed their favourite book, telling us why they enjoyed it, the characters and a brief story outline.  I was really impressed with their passion for reading, and it was delightful to hear them all read so confidently a passage from their chosen book with great expression!

We enjoyed some quiet reading time – swapping books with each other and discussing how and why we choose certain books to read.  We all agreed that reading the “book blurb” is not always the best idea as it often gives the plot away and that just sitting down and reading the first few pages gives you an idea if the book is interesting and captures your attention.

Over some juice and biscuits the children also had a chance to listen to me reading my favourite book which I have read countless times by myself and with my son Cameron – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by JK Rowling.

I can’t wait for our “spooky” reading session next week!!

dscn4112 dscn4113 dscn4114 dscn4115