The most important goal for science education is to stimulate, nurture and sustain the curiosity, wonder and questioning of children and young people.Young children have a natural sense of wonder and curiosity and are active and eager learners endeavouring to make sense of the world.
- investigate their environment by observing, exploring, investigating and recording
- demonstrate a secure understanding of the big ideas and concepts of science
- make sense of evidence collected and presented in a scientific manner
- recognise the impact science makes on their lives, on the lives of others, on the environment and on culture
- express opinions and make decisions on social, moral, ethical, economic and environmental issues informed by their knowledge and understanding of science
- establish the foundation where appropriate, for more advanced learning and future careers in the sciences and technologies.