World of Work

Primary 6 had lots of fun during world of work week. We had lots of visitors into school to tell us about their job. We spoke with a doctor, nurse, pe teacher and hotel staff, when they came into our class, and we got to ask them lots of questions. We also had fun speaking to people at the careers Fayre and got to try out some of their jobs. We also had the opportunity to research our dream job and find out the qualifications and skills that we would need.

Matthew – “I really enjoyed when the pe teacher came in because I really enjoy pe and liked what he talked about”

Mya – “I liked researching the qualifications I would need for my dream job”

Conor – “I liked when we went to the careers fayre in the hall and spoke to the golf instructor because he was nice and gave out leaflets with information”

Niamh – “I liked hearing about all the jobs and the skills they need. It was quite interesting to hear about different jobs I was unsure of”